Welcome to MinorityPostdoc.org
This is the premier web portal on the minority postdoctoral experience. We feature news, articles, resources, and events about career advice, professional development, jobs, funding, fellowships, mentoring, and diversity issues…(Read more).
Professional/Faculty Positions & Opportunities
MinorityPostdoc.org is a niche marketing site with a diverse readership. The Job listings page has a complete roster of institutions who are reaching out to expand the diversity of their candidate applicant pools. Below is a subset of our advertisers; and, we post the latest openings in the announcements section above at the top of every website page. Advertisers can request ad rate info by contacting us at
- Ohio State University: College of Arts and Sciences
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- University of Missouri at Columbia
- University of Houston-Downtown
- University of Southern California
- Bethune-Cookman University: Faculty Position in Biology
- Vanderbilt University: Faculty Position in Biomedical Informatics
Hangout: Increasing Participation in Research & Careers
We contributed to a discussion on the participation of underrepresented populations in research studies and academic careers (#MoreInvolved). These #IsisVsTomasson Hangouts are led by Michael Tomasson (@MTomasson) and “Isis Morena” (pseudonym @DrIsis).
Speaking at Annual IRACDA Postdoctoral Conference
We’re presenting at the annual IRACDA Postdoctoral Conference hosted by Emory University and the Atlanta University Center (June 2 to 4). Dr. Alberto Roca is speaking on the topic — Connecting IRACDA Fellows to Academic Diversity Stakeholders: Who are Your Institutional Champions? The conference brings together administrators, mentors, and postdocs from institutions funded by the NIH training grant program called Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA). The programs combine a traditional supervised postdoctoral research experience with an opportunity to develop teaching skills through mentored assignments at a minority-serving institution. We will be micro-reporting the event with Tweets labeled #IRACDA2013.
Grad/Postdoc Positions & Opportunities
Below are recent listings of opportunities for graduate students and postdocs. The Job listings page has a complete roster of institutions who are reaching out to expand the diversity of their candidate applicant pools. Below is a subset of our advertisers; and, we post the latest openings in the announcements section above at the top of every website page. Advertisers can request ad rate info by contacting us at .
- University of Pennsylvania: Postdoctoral Fellowships for Academic Diversity
- Case Western Reserve University: Postdoctoral Research Training Programs: Computational Genomic Epidemiology of Cancer; Statistical Genetics/Genetic Epidemiology
- NASA Postdoctoral Fellowships
National Survey of Sexual Diversity in STEM
If you’re lesbian, gay, bisexual, or trans, have at least a Bachelor’s or technical degree, and are currently working in a STEM field in any capacity — from grad school to tenure-track faculty to corporate R&D to government employees to teachers — then please participate in this survey. This research is being conducted by Jeremy Yoder (Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Plant Biology at the University of Minnesota) and Allison Mattheis (new faculty member in the College of Education at California State University, Los Angeles). As queer academics, they’re interested in understanding and improving the climate for LGBTQ professional, faculty, staff, and students in STEM. Also, please help spread the word by sharing the short link http://bit.ly/queerSTEM along with the hashtag #QueerSTEM.
Introducing the DiverseScholar Doctoral Directory
Our new Doctoral Directory is available to help institutions diversify their job candidate pools. Read summary demographic information about the Directory. Learn about our new Institutional Subscription packages for access to the online and print versions of the Doctoral Directory.
Read our original published articles below. Submit article ideas by contacting us at .
- Minority Postdocs are the Source for Future Faculty of Color
- Mentoring Matters in Meeting the Needs of First Generation Scholars
- Materials Science and Engineering Faculty Promote Micromentoring to Advance Diversity
- Joint Annual Black/Hispanic Physicists Conference Draws Hundreds, Gets Positive Reviews
- Creating a Diversity in Science Course
- Fulfilling the Education Dreams of a Filipino Immigrant
- How a High-School Chemistry Teacher Reached the White House
- NOGLSTP Out to Innovate Conference: Furthering LGBT Diversity and Inclusion in Science, Technology Engineering, and Mathematics
- Imposter or Just Human: Reflecting on “Mistakes”
- Redirecting National Attention to the Needs of Underrepresented Postdocs
- American Indian Ways-of-Knowing are Broader than Science
- LGBTQ Coalition Building in a Networked World
- #SCIO12 Policy Report: Academia is Productive but Messy - Effects on (Mis)Communication
- “Social” Science: Experimenting with Social Media (Blogging, Tweeting, etc) to Build Scholarship Communities
- The First National Celebration of Asian Heritage Scientists & Engineers: SASE Connects!
- Online LGBT Pride: the Diversity in Science Blog Carnival
- NOGLSTP “Out To Innovate” STEM Career Summit
- Social Media for the Latina Scientist
last updated 18-Jun-2013